Walt Disney once said: "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading down new paths." The magical Disney Dream, for example, follows this tradition, with a full range of family-oriented activities, innovative technology, whimsical entertainment, and exceptional service.
Enjoy the exciting video (at right), and then take advantage of the following insider tips for your next cruise aboard Disney Dream.
- Before departure, build excitement by having kids create their own cabin door greeting and name sign. Their personalized door makes it much easier for them to find their cabin. Remember to bring a few magnets (doors are metal) but no tape (it damages the doors).
- Get ready for the Pirate Party and pictures with Captain Jack Sparrow by buying a few inexpensive items such as eye patches and swashbuckling scarfs from the local party or dollar store to create a great costume. Both adults and kids will enjoy. Arrrrrrrrrrrgh!
- Disney is one of the few cruise lines to allow unlimited alcohol to be brought on board the ship. Create your own Sundowner from the comfort of your balcony and don't forget the umbrellas and maraschino cherries.
- Disney's AquaDuck is the only water rollercoaster at sea. It's powered by water jets to provide a thrilling descent down four decks, with a loop that extends over the side of the ship, for thrilling ocean views. Request an early boarding time, pack bathing suits in a carry on, and while everyone else is settling in, make a beeline to the AquaDuck before it's discovered by fellow guests.
- Another top priority is obtaining the very popular Princess autograph tickets early on the first day, which helps to avoid lines later in the cruise.
- Consult your Personal Navigator for all the ship's activities and watch for Disney Dream's walking tour for adults. It offers fascinating insight into the "Enchanted Art" and architecture on board.
- Castaway Cay, a private tropical paradise, delivers a full day of exciting fun-in-the-sun activities. The ship docks early morning, so you'll have plenty of time to go snorkeling with Nemo or take a stroll down the beach.
- Stop at the Castaway Cay Post Office where kids can buy and send postcards from the island. The postcards are cancelled from Castaway Cay and make a unique souvenir. Take a few dollars, as the ship's "Key to the World Card" isn't accepted at the post office.
- Disney's Guest Services strive to exceed your expectations while on board. Contact them immediately if you encounter any glitches. They will make it right, at the happiest place on Earth ... and at sea.
Book an eligible stateroom on any qualifying sailing and receive a free upgrade! In some cases, you'll be upgraded to a more desirable location aboard your ship. In other instances, you'll be upgraded to a stateroom with extra space and/or a better view. It's also possible that you might receive all of these benefits. Select your sailing date to see which upgrades are available.